Can I buy the case?

General Discussion

Can I buy the case?

Postby ender7 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:50 pm

Hello,
I didn’t receive any reply from the official email address so I thought I would ask here. I don’t see the ad2pi case in the shop. I already have an alarm decoder and rpi. Can I purchase the case?
ender7
newt
newt

Re: Can I buy the case?

Postby mathewss » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:59 pm

Sorry did not see the other request.

I have sold a few to people who ask but I never set a price. They are laser cut and I spent way to much time trying to deal with the scratches from fabrication so I end up painting the top plate electrical gray using a low or zero voc paint I can use in my shop.

So how bad you want one :c) what do cases even go for? This is thick aluminum. When my Pi 4 gets here I was going to see if I can use a heat pipe to connect the case to the pcb. Sounds like the Pi4 will be a real problem for heat and power so...

Best
Sean M
mathewss

Re: Can I buy the case?

Postby ender7 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:18 am

From some quick googling it looks like the 'top and bottom panel with spacer pins' type of cases go for $5-$15 depending on material. Aluminum ones are on the higher end. Whatever you think is appropriate that covers your costs plus makes you a few dollars of profit. I want you to be adequately compensated for time and effort.
ender7
newt
newt

Return to General