Vista 40P and missed events

General Discussion

Vista 40P and missed events

Postby mgreinke » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:58 am

I have a Vista 40P and AD2PI Network Appliance. I'm running latest image and firmware version v2.2a.8.2 (more on that later). I have 3 zones that are relatively close together. For example, there is a tilt sensor on the garage door, a PIR inside the garage and a contact sensor on the door leading from the garage to inside the house. I am finding that quite often 1 of the 3 sensors does not register as being faulted or unfaulted on the AD2PI. There is no entry in the Webapp log for one of the sensor events but there are entries for the other sensors. If I manually fault & unfault each sensor one at a time, the faults shows up in the log. What I am seeing quite often however is that if these sensors fault or unfault at the same time (or nearly the same time), an event gets missed in the Webapp. I'm seeing this when returning home.
1) Garage door opens which faults the tilt sensor.
2) Garage PIR faults when pulling car into garage.
3) I exit the car and walk to the door which leads inside the house. This motion may also refault the garage PIR depending on how long I take to exit the car.
What I think is happening is there are too many events occurring in close succession and one or more get missed in the Webapp. I went ahead and updated Firmware to the latest version but unfortunately there appears to be a bug with that firmware and Vista 40p panel. Once I update the firmware, most of my zones faults all get changed from low #'s (ex. 01-22) to #'s which all start at 200. For example, my side door is zone 04 but after the firmware update, the zone fault is reported for zone 204. Given this, I'm forced to stay at firmware v2.2a.8.2. Has anyone else seen missed events when they occur in rapid succession? Does anyone have a Vista 40p working properly with the latest firmware?
mgreinke
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Re: Vista 40P and missed events

Postby mathewss » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:07 pm

Question. Are these 5800 wireless sensors or wired sensors? Are they onboard zones or on an expander? The 204 zone issue sounds like a bug and I would prefer to work with you directly to fix it so it can be used in the next release. I am planning a maintenance release to 2.2a.8.8 as I already have one bug with RFX messages getting lost or corrupt and the current beta has that fix applied.

Best
Sean M

mgreinke wrote:I have a Vista 40P and AD2PI Network Appliance. I'm running latest image and firmware version v2.2a.8.2 (more on that later). I have 3 zones that are relatively close together. For example, there is a tilt sensor on the garage door, a PIR inside the garage and a contact sensor on the door leading from the garage to inside the house. I am finding that quite often 1 of the 3 sensors does not register as being faulted or unfaulted on the AD2PI. There is no entry in the Webapp log for one of the sensor events but there are entries for the other sensors. If I manually fault & unfault each sensor one at a time, the faults shows up in the log. What I am seeing quite often however is that if these sensors fault or unfault at the same time (or nearly the same time), an event gets missed in the Webapp. I'm seeing this when returning home.
1) Garage door opens which faults the tilt sensor.
2) Garage PIR faults when pulling car into garage.
3) I exit the car and walk to the door which leads inside the house. This motion may also refault the garage PIR depending on how long I take to exit the car.
What I think is happening is there are too many events occurring in close succession and one or more get missed in the Webapp. I went ahead and updated Firmware to the latest version but unfortunately there appears to be a bug with that firmware and Vista 40p panel. Once I update the firmware, most of my zones faults all get changed from low #'s (ex. 01-22) to #'s which all start at 200. For example, my side door is zone 04 but after the firmware update, the zone fault is reported for zone 204. Given this, I'm forced to stay at firmware v2.2a.8.2. Has anyone else seen missed events when they occur in rapid succession? Does anyone have a Vista 40p working properly with the latest firmware?
mathewss

Postby mgreinke » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:37 pm

2 of the 3 sensors in my garage example are hardwired. Only the tilt sensor is wireless.

Let me know how I can help with the Vista 40 zone 200 issue.
mgreinke
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby mgreinke » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:39 pm

Oh and the sensors I'm getting 200's for zones are hardwired too
mgreinke
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby mgreinke » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:41 pm

And the missed zone faults are both onboard and expander
mgreinke
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby mathewss » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:33 am

Saw another 2XX zone in testing today. IT was a RF zone that had a fault. Clearly the 2 is an incorrectly mapped bit.

I hope to cycle into firmware updates in the near future. Will keep you posted. I "think" the update for this should be trivial.

Best
SM
mathewss

Postby mathewss » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:46 pm

Just finish doing some review of the code. It looks like this digit NXX is very special and has been seen doing different things on different panels and panel firmware versions.

Considering this data may be valid for a Vista 128 it needs some considering before making changes. One idea is a config setting or config bit to "mask" off this data as an option if it is not working on the specifc panel.

For now I would be willing to build you a custom build that masks this bit out as I work on a more permanent answer.

Best
Sean M
mathewss

Postby mgreinke » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:55 am

I'm willing to give it a try knowing I could always go back to my earlier firmware. One other bug I found in the firmware was in the setup process. I could not run the first config for the webapp. I forget the exact problem but I seem to recall it having to do with the panel address. Running the config with the older firmware and then upgrading the firmware was a workaround for the initial bug.
mgreinke
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Postby clif » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:03 pm

I'm seeing similar issues with a Vista-20P for the current version and at least 1 back. I'll post my details in a new post.
clif
newt
newt

Postby mathewss » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:01 am

I need debug data from a panel with a zone # over 99. I have some panels that will do this but time... not enough time.
For now I am just going to push a temp hack to remove the first digit so the max zone will be 99.

I pushed the firmware to the beta V2.2a.8.9c-306
mathewss

Next

Return to General