ser2sock ad2usb on pi3 no communication

General Discussion

ser2sock ad2usb on pi3 no communication

Postby RipNCode » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:11 am

I am trying to get ser2sock to communicate, but am getting nothing back.

I have an AD2USB at /dev/ttyAMA0 on a remote, headless Pi 3 that I'm connecting to via SSH. I can ssh into the Pi without problem, and I can run ser2sock with (seemingly) no problem. When I telnet into ser2sock, it appears to be connected:

Code: Select all
Trying ::1...
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
!SER2SOCK Connected
!SER2SOCK SERIAL_CONNECTED

However, I do not get any panel responses. The panel is a 128BPT with all hardwired connections (for now). I assume I will have to configure a virtual relay to see the local hardwired zones, but I'm expecting to get some feedback regarding current panel status. I cannot reboot (or at least do not get any feedback when I reboot). However, I can connect directly with screen, and run the configuration and reboot, though I do not get any event communication across the bus here, either.

Any thoughts on what may be wrong? Ultimately, this Pi is set up with Openhabian and will serve to automate some alarm-related events.

Thanks in advance..
RipNCode
newt
newt

Re: ser2sock ad2usb on pi3 no communication

Postby RipNCode » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:46 am

Ughhh.... Although I had checked the panel connections twice, it looks like I still had a loose connection. Screen is now working, but ser2sock still doesn't show data...
RipNCode
newt
newt

Return to General