WebApp Custom Notif.: "Invalid header value 'Basic Y...w==\n

General Discussion

WebApp Custom Notif.: "Invalid header value 'Basic Y...w==\n

Postby smartin » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:43 am

I received the following error when clicking "Save & Test" for a WebApp Custom Notification to a device on my network that requires Basic Authorization:
"Error sending test notification: Invalid header value 'Basic Y...w==\n'"

The notification uses a urlencoded GET with Basic Authorization and without SSL. The device I'm attempting to notify is an ISY-994i home automation controller.

A blog unrelated to AlarmDecoder products identifies the following cause for a similar error ("ValueError: Invalid header value 'Basic T...4=\n'"): "You can't have a new line character \n at the end of your header. Instead of using base64.encodestring, use base64.b64encode."
(see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/398 ... 2-7-update )

This makes me wonder if my error message may be caused by a bug in WebApp that incorrectly inserts a \n character.

I am operating with a newly purchased AD2PI connected to a newly purchased Raspberry Pi 3 B+ using the 2018-10-14 Raspbian Stretch image from https://www.alarmdecoder.com/wiki/index ... spberry_Pi

Any suggestions?

Thanks
smartin
newt
newt

Re: WebApp Custom Notif.: "Invalid header value 'Basic Y...w

Postby mathewss » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:16 pm

I have an ISY but by the time I got it updated and figured it out again you would have what I need to figure this out.

Can you capture that conversation for me?

If you can run TCPDUMP/WireShark on the Pi on that port to a file and send me the file I can see exactly what is going on.

ex on the pi.

sudo tcpdump -i any -n -s 1500 -w /tmp/capture.dat host ip.add.of.isy and port 80

Running that wile you do the test "should" capture the conversion to the file in /tmp/capture.dat send that to ad2usb@support.nutech.com with a note about this topic and I will be able to identify the code in the webapp that we can test a fix on.

Best
Sean M
mathewss

Re: WebApp Custom Notif.: "Invalid header value 'Basic Y...w

Postby smartin » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:59 am

My problem was solved by a software update WebApp.

Thanks Sean!
smartin
newt
newt

Return to General