AD2Pi w/ RPi B+ & Vista 20p

General Discussion

AD2Pi w/ RPi B+ & Vista 20p

Postby J3tang » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:05 am

Hello,

I am about to make a purchase for the AD2Pi to connect with an existing RPi b+ model I have lying around. The ultimate goal is to have this setup properly with my Vista 20p alarm system and then interface with Smartthings. But first thing's first ... Setting up the unit to work standalone.

I've spent some time reading up on the various solutions out there and am happy to jump on board with the AD2Pi but I'm no programmer or at all familiar with Linux. I've played around with the RPi obviously, but have always relied on step-by-step instructions for whatever I'm tinkering with.

With that said, I'm having trouble finding step by step instructions for setting it up for my alarm system. I've read the bit about the already tailored version of Debian to be flashed onto the RPi, but where it goes from there seems to be a mystery to me. Do I go from flashing the image file to setting up the web app? Is it as simple as flash the image to the SD card, power up the RPi and then wait for everything to load and then configure web app through http://alarmdecoder.local ?

This almost sounds too simple to be true, but I'd be more than happy if it were :)

Edit: I can't seem to find locally the cable to power the RPi from the backup battery sold in the shop here. Would this item from Amazon do the trick?
I wouldn't mind making my own either. Just can't really make out from the photo how the non-USB end connects to the backup battery.
J3tang
newt
newt

Re: AD2Pi w/ RPi B+ & Vista 20p

Postby J3tang » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:23 pm

Just recently got AlarmDecoder setup with SmartThings via AD2Pi device with my own provided RPi. I've also got this tied to SmartThings as well.

However, when I arm the system through SmartThings SHM the AD2 Ready contact opens and immediately indicates that there is an intrusion detected, I get a text message indicating the intrusion, and SHM also indicates that the "siren and audio were muted"

When the system is not armed, AD2 Ready will flip between open/close as motion sensors etc are tripped.

Any ideas what the issue might be?
J3tang
newt
newt

Return to General