AlarmDecoder object has no attribute 'on_ready_changed'

General Discussion

AlarmDecoder object has no attribute 'on_ready_changed'

Postby miragejb » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:46 am

Today I did a fresh install of the alarmdecoder-webapp via docker as described (https://github.com/nutechsoftware/alarmdecoder-docker). My OS is Raspbian stretch.

After installing the OS, docker and the alarmdecoder-webapp, everything was running fine -- no problems at all. One the webapp's home page, I noticed there were some updates available and I installed them.

After installing the updates, I got the "Services might still be starting" page. I tried everything I know how to get it to work.

When I inspected the webapp's log on the docker volume, I noticed that this message kept repeating over-and-over:

2018-09-04 19:00:18,423 INFO: Attempting to reconnect to the AlarmDecoder [in /opt/alarmdecoder-webapp/ad2web/decoder.py:533]

2018-09-04 19:00:18,504 ERROR: Error in DecoderThread: 'AlarmDecoder' object has no attribute 'on_ready_changed' [in /opt/alarmdecoder-webapp/ad2web/decoder.py:549]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/alarmdecoder-webapp/ad2web/decoder.py", line 535, in run
self._decoder.open()
File "/opt/alarmdecoder-webapp/ad2web/decoder.py", line 293, in open
self.bind_events()
File "/opt/alarmdecoder-webapp/ad2web/decoder.py", line 324, in bind_events
self.device.on_ready_changed += build_message_handler('ready')
AttributeError: 'AlarmDecoder' object has no attribute 'on_ready_changed'
2018-09-04 19:00:18,508 INFO: Attempting to reconnect to the AlarmDecoder [in /opt/alarmdecoder-webapp/ad2web/decoder.py:533

Does anyone know how to fix this? The reason that I did the clean install was because I was getting the same error before. Any help would be greatly appreciated
miragejb
Junior Nut
Junior Nut

Re: AlarmDecoder object has no attribute 'on_ready_changed'

Postby kevin » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:59 pm

make sure your library is up to date

cd /opt/alarmdecoder
git pull origin master
sudo python setup.py install
Not an employee of the company. Just here to help and keep things clean.
kevin
Platinum Nut
Platinum Nut

Return to General